Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"You've got the wrong girl!"

Have you ever been there?  Have you ever been in a situation where you thought surely there was mistaken identity? Have you ever been in a place where the Lord has asked you to do something and you were pretty sure He must be mistaken? Because how could you possibly do what He is asking of you? 

This has been my life lately.  God has asked some pretty outrageous things of me. The first He asked, I simply said, "yes Father" and did what He said. (I got rid of most of my clothes, see my previous bloghttp://wallingfordfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-day-he-emptied-my-heart-and-i.html )

Secondly,  He revealed to me in scripture something that I had read multiple times before and never "read" what He was actually saying.  I had previously read and accepted only what I wanted the words to say.  When He gave me revelation into 1 Corinthians 11 and then continued bombarding me with His truth through other scripture, through the Holy Spirit and through other sisters in Christ, I knew what I must do.  I began covering my head over a month ago.  It is only through His request and His strength that I have been able to do what He has asked of me.



I knew He wasn't done with me.  I know He is still not done with me.  But now...what I believe He is asking is more intense (for me).  He is asking me to give up something even more worldly than my beloved blue jeans.  He is asking me to give up something that has been a part of my daily life since I was at least 14 years old.  (for those of you keeping track; that is for the last 34 years of my life!)  I know what His word says on painting of the eyes.  It is in His written word many, many times.  (Jeremiah 4:30, Ezekiel 23:40, 2 Kings 9:30 to name a few) I have read these words many a time and I have seen what I wanted to see.  He is now showing me what "He" wants me to see.  He is reminding me that I have been created in His image. (Genesis 1:27)  He is reminding me that to question the way He created me and to "make it better" with make-up is, well...just not how it should be. (Romans 9:21,  Isaiah 45:9 and Isaiah 64:8)  He is being relentless in His courtship for me to return to the way He created me to be.




I must confess.  This Is Hard!  I know that there are millions of woman and girls out there who have never worn make-up a day in their life.  I look at them and see how beautiful they are.  I admire them. One of my most precious sisters in Christ does not wear make-up to honor her husbands request and she indeed is beautiful.  I see this, I know this, I get this.  But God..."You've got the wrong girl!"

I started thinking about Moses.  (not that I am comparing myself to Moses, just what was going through Moses head when the Lord in the burning bush asked him to do something above and beyond his fleshly capabilities)  I started thinking..."I know how Moses felt!"  Why does this have to be me?  Why do you need me to make a stand in this way?  Who am I going to effect?  It's just me God, just me."



I share this with all of you to show you where my heart is and to show you the amazing Father we have in heaven.

As I continue to struggle with this sacrifice of fleshly desire that He is asking me to give up, I have been asking Him for "signs".  You know...to make sure that I really am hearing from Him and that I have just not all of a sudden decided to give up a major part of my life because I need a change. (note the sarcasm) For days I have asked Him for a sign, for signs, for words, for confirmation.  And yesterday, what I received was a very loving message from a sister in Christ who said, "It is better to believe and trust the voice of the Lord, then to ask for a sign of confirmation. The confirmation is in His word and the confirmation is in the conviction of the Holy Spirit. The need of a sign to confirm what He is saying is just our fleshly reservation to move forward with what we know is Truth. And in the end...that is rebellion." Ouch!!  

After this spirit led message. I accepted what I must do.  I didn't commit to when I was actually going to stop wearing make-up, but in my heart, I have accepted that I know it is coming.

Sometimes...I believe...that all our Father in Heaven wants to see is a change in heart.  He knows where we will go from there.  A change of heart is acceptance for Him. He showed me this today on my way to work.  (Keep in mind all of this Moses talk in my head was yesterday.)

Today on my way to work, there was a comedian on my favorite Christian radio station Positivefm. Do you know what his little skit was on?  MOSES!!!  Yes!  Moses and the burning bush! Moses and his thoughts of "why me Lord!"  As I listened, hot tears ran down my face.  As I listened, I heard more than this little skit.  What I heard was, "Because I love you so much, I want you to know that you really are hearing from Me and I want you to know that I love the fact that you are willing to completely change back from who you have become to who I created you to be.  Just to please Me!"



I share this because I want to encourage any of you.  If our Father in Heaven has been beckoning to you, courting you, wooing you to turn back from the worldly things and turn back to who He created you to be; you can do it.  It is going to be hard, but you can do it.  He is right there waiting and wanting, loving on you every moment.

Please feel free to share in the comments if you have made it through this.  If you are in the middle of this journey right now or if He is beckoning you as we speak.  I would love to hear where you are at.

In love- Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment