Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Day He Emptied My Heart and I Emptied My Closet.

-He spoke to me in the loudest voice.  Not in volume, but in volumes. Not in harshness, but with correction.  Not in a crushing way, but in a way that has broken my heart.-



I am always looking for a conversation with my Father in Heaven.  Always looking for direction in the way my family should go;  the way I should go. I love to hear Him speak to me.  I love it when He gives me little glimpses into others lives and into my own life.  

This conversation was not one that I was looking for.  Not one that I expected, desired, dreamed of or ever even considered. 

What He said to me was this, " I want you to get rid of all your clothes."  I am pretty sure I wrinkled my forehead, raised my eyebrows and tilted my head to the side.  Then said, "what?"  Like, "are you crazy?" or "Am I crazy?"  That kind of what.

Instantly He began speaking to me. Reason after reason, scripture after scripture, memory after memory and example after example of why exactly He wanted me to get rid of my clothes.  All of these things flooded my mind in a way that I can't describe,  other than to say that all of it was like an overwhelming wave of conversation from my Father.  -An all consuming tidal wave-.  There was no denying it, no way to confuse it with anything else.  Just His words, His reasons and His request of me.

I must honor His request.

1 Peter 3:3-4 "Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."

In the moments of being overwhelmed, I did question my sanity.  I reached out in admiration to a friend. Not asking her what she thought, but rather encouraging her in her example she has been leading for women that witness her life.  I did not tell her why she was receiving this encouragement from me, however, she knew!  Her spirit was in tune with what the Holy Spirit was revealing to me.  This was affirmation that indeed I was not crazy; as crazy as it all seemed.  She sent me back a quick note stating that she recognized what was going on with me and encouraged me to share with her if I felt comfortable.  (I have to tell you, I have never even met this beautiful woman in person, but yet the Lord has used her and others to help prepare me for this time.)

He showed me by memory women that I have admired and respected by the way they dress and teach their daughters to dress.  Women who do not sway in the standards that God has placed on their hearts or their husbands.  He brought to memory the times that I have been grieved as I noticed female leaders in the church in skin tight clothing and revealing clothing.  He showed me how my heart is heavy when I see young women of Christian homes wearing skin tight shirts, with cleavage showing, or undergarment straps showing, skirts that are far too short.  He showed me how even though I didn't realize it at the moment, He was preparing me for this time.  My heart was being emptied.  He showed me so much more and continues to show me as I move forward.

He has shown me my sin and my errors in raising my own daughters and dressing myself.

I have repented, I have changed.  I have honored His request.  I have changed my wardrobe to include skirts and dresses.  MODEST skirts and dresses.  Clingy shirts are gone. Tight sweaters are gone.  Jeans are GONE!



1 Timothy 2:9-10 "in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, 10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works." 

I don't expect most to understand.  I don't share this in any type of condemnation or judgement.  I only share this as an amazing testimony of what the Lord is doing in my heart and to encourage others that if He has spoken to you in this way, that you are not crazy.  You are His beautiful daughter that is to be looked upon and admired based on the beauty of your heart and the strength that He has given you to stand in your place as the woman that He created you to be.

To be continued...

-In Love, Staci 

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear Staci, you shocked me! From where you going to get that "simple" clothing? Are you going to sew your self?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be able to make my own clothing some day. But in reality...He also told me that I have had waaaay too much clothing as well. Even though most of it 98% is hand me downs, I have been living with excess. I suspect that I will be shopping at Salvation Army and Goodwill for things that I may need in the future. Hope all is well with you!

      Delete